Times are tough, and coupled with all the bad winter hair days coming up, things could start to look pretty bleak. But, it doesn’t have to be all bad. There are winter hair hacks that you can do at home to help keep your hair moisturised and looking gorgeous – and you don’t have to look further than your fridge or pantry.
1. Coconut oil and shea butter hair shampoo
· 1 x tablespoon of coconut oil
· 1 x tablespoon of shea butter
· 1 x tablespoon of baking soda
Mix it all up with a little bit of water until it’s runny, but not watery. Pour the mixture into a bottle of your choice, and use it once every three days.
Result: A boost of moisture and a good clean without all the added chemicals and the price tag of other shampoo products.
2. Oil spray for hair or hair extensions
· Take a spray bottle, and fill it with the following:
· 1/3 avocado oil
· 1/3 third almond oil
· 1 or 2 drops of your favourite essential oil
· The rest with water
Shake it up and spray onto sections of your hair. Shake well before use every time.
Result: The oils lock in moisture and because they’re natural, they don’t do any damage to your hair or hair extensions. This little trick will help your hair last longer and look healthier.
3. Yoghurt and honey hair mask
· 1 x tub of yoghurt
· 1 x tablespoon honey
Mix your two ingredients up, apply to your hair from root to tip, and leave in for 20 minutes.
Result: a deep moisturising leaving in conditioner that penetrates all the way through your hair to revitalise from the inside out.