GNOCCHI PASTA WITH NAPOLITANO SAUCE
You don’t have to be Italian to be a pasta pro. Not when you have this easy-to-make gnocchi recipe to fall back on.
• 2 cans chopped tomatoes
• 1 sachet tomato paste
• 1 onion, diced
• 1 carrot, diced
• 1 cube vegetable stock (dissolve in 2 cups water)
• 2 tsp crushed garlic
• 500g fresh gnocchi pasta
• 50ml olive oil
• 1 tsp dried oregano
• ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
• Salt & pepper to taste
• 50g Parmesan cheese, grated.
• Heat skillet and add olive oil. Sauté chopped onion, carrot and oregano together for about 10min.
• Add the chopped tomatoes and crushed garlic and cook for 15- 20 min on low heat.
• Stir in the stock and simmer for 10 – 15min on medium heat till sauce is reduced to a custard consistency.
• Place gnocchi pieces in Twinsaver Foil Roasting Pan, pour over the tomato sauce and mix in the fresh chopped basil.
• Cover and cook at 180°C for 15-20min.
• Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.