CHICAGO-STYLE DEEP DISH PIZZA
Doughy, cheesy and utterly delicious, the Chicago deep dish pizza will tempt even the most fussy of young appetites – perfect for filling up kids and teenagers, FAST!
• 150 g store bought bread dough
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• ½ can diced tomatoes
• 1 tsp crushed garlic
• 1 tsp dried oregano
• 1 tsp white sugar
• Topping of choice: Ham/ bacon/ chopped olives/ mushrooms/ bell peppers
• 1 cup Mozzarella and Cheddar mixture, grated
• Salt & pepper to taste
• Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
• Press the bread dough down into a Twinsaver Foil Pie Dish – about halfway up the side of the dish.
• Blind bake dough for 10min (place a sheet of Twinsaver Wax Paper over the dough, cover with dried beans or rice and bake for 10min).
• Remove from oven, discard the wax paper with beans/rice.
• Heat up the oil in a pan. Add diced tomatoes, garlic and sugar. Reduce tomato mixture for about 10 min until it reaches a custard consistency.
• Remove from heat.
• Assemble the pizza: Spread the tomato paste on the dough and sprinkle the cheese mix over. Add your choice of toppings and finish with oregano over the top.
• Bake for 10-15min until cheese is melted.
• Cut into slices and serve hot.