02nd Aug 2019
Being a legendary mom doesn’t mean spending hours slaving in the kitchen! This easy lasagne recipe is the perfect way to fill tummies, put smiles on faces AND give you a little Twinsaver Timeout for yourself!
- 500g dry lasagne noodles (you’ll use a little more than half the box)
- 500g lean ground beef (or half beef and half pork)
- 680g jar marinara or pasta sauce
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 container ricotta or cottage cheese
- 340g mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Lightly grease a large (33X23cm) baking dish (or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread 2/3 cups of the marinara sauce on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Top with lasagne noodles.
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet. Drain off the fat.
- Pour in the remaining marinara sauce. Add the water to the jar, replace the lid and shake to loosen up the remaining sauce. Pour into the skillet and stir in.
- Simmer the meat sauce for 5 minutes.
- Scatter about one-third of the ricotta cheese on top of the lasagne noodles. Sprinkle on 85g of the mozzarella cheese. Top with about one-third of the meat sauce.
- Add another layer of lasagne noodles and press down slightly.
- Repeat with ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese and meat sauce – two more times.
- Top with remaining mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Cover tightly with aluminium foil and bake for 45 minutes until the noodles are fork-tender. (The additional water and the steam created by covering the baking dish will cook the noodles.)
- Remove aluminium foil and bake for another 7-8 minutes or until cheese is nice and bubbly.
- Let the lasagne rest for at least 15 minutes before serving.