GREEN BEANS WITH BACON & ONION
Who says beans are boring? Not us, not when you can bling them up with bacon and onion to create a different take on a traditional side dish.
• 500g green beans, washed & destemmed
• 150g bacon, diced
• 1 onion, diced
• 1 tbs olive oil
• 75g butter
• Salt & pepper to taste
• Heat a skillet on the stove on high heat.
• Add oil, diced bacon and onion. Sauté for 10 – 15min till cooked and onions are translucent.
• Place beans in Twinsaver Foil Freezer dish, cover with bacon mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Top with slivers of butter.
• Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
• Cover with Twinsaver Heavy Foil and cook in oven for 15 to 20min.
• Stir once before serving.