HONEY & BUTTER COATED BUNS
Here’s light, fluffy, scrumptiously sweet delight for you to try. These buns are the BOSS!
• 1kg store bought bread dough
• ½ cup honey
• 100g butter
• Proof the bread dough in warm place (not direct sun) for 2 hours (either in original bag or in container covered with cloth).
• Knead the dough down and divide dough into 16 balls of equal size.
• Place 8 balls in Twinsaver Foil Loaf pan (you will need 2 pans) – 4 x 2 balls. Repeat in other pan.
• Allow dough balls to proof for another 30 min in a warm place.
• Pre- heat oven to 180°C.
• Bake the buns in oven for 15- 20 min (after 15min stick a flat knife between 2 buns- if knife comes out clean the buns are cooked). If not cooked, place back in oven and cook for another 10 min. Turn off the oven.
• Melt the butter and honey together. Pour over the buns.
• Place back into oven for 5min – serve hot as a side dish.