HOMEMADE PEPPER STEAK PIE
Here’s a pie to die for. Rich, thick and meaty it’s a hearty meal the whole family will love.
• 500g rump steak, cubed 2x2cm
• 1 onion, diced
• 1 chicken stock cube, dissolved in 250ml water
• ½ tbsp coarse black pepper, crushed
• ½ green bell pepper, diced
• ½ red bell pepper, diced
• 1 tsp crushed garlic
• Cake flour (to coat steak)
• ½ cup sunflower oil
• 1 x puff pastry roll
• 1 egg, beaten
• Salt to taste
• Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
• Line a Twinsaver Foil Pie Dish with half of the puff pastry – line to the top of the dish. Cover with Twinsaver Wax Paper – add dry beans or rice on top. Blind bake for 15 min. Remove from oven and discard the wax paper and beans.
• Heat the oil in skillet over high heat.
• Coat cubes of rump steak with flour (shake cubes in bowl with flour).
• Sauté the cubes in the oil. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
• Simmer for 10 min until thick.
• Pour mixture into baked pie crust.
• Cover with remainder of pastry – seal edges with fingertip or back of fork.
• Prick puff pastry top with fork.
• Brush beaten egg over pastry.
• Bake for 20-25min.
• Allow to rest before serving.