PULLED PORK SHOULDER IN BBQ SAUCE
Cooked low and slow this pulled pork recipe practically guarantees empty plates every time.
• 1 kg to 1.2 kg pork shoulder
• 1 tbs BBQ spice
• 1 tbs salt
• ½ tbs coarse black pepper
• 1 tbs Garlic salt
• 2 to 3 cup BBQ sauce (your choice of brand)
• Place pork shoulder in a Twinsaver Freezer Dish.
• Leave in fridge for 2 – 3 hours (or even overnight).
• Pre-heat oven to 140°C.
• Cook the pork for 3 hours on medium- low heat (covered).
• Remove the cover and cook for 45min at 160°C.
• Remove the pork from the oven and let it rest for 15min.
• Shred the pork meat with a fork (at this point meat should fall off the bone).
• Add the BBQ sauce and mix well into the shredded pork meat.
• Serve on a roll or with mashed potatoes and coleslaw.