25th Jan 2023
Valentine’s Day is a special occasion to show your loved one how much you care. What better way to do that than with a homemade treat? These iced heart biscuits are the perfect dessert to share with your significant other on Valentine’s Day. Not only are they delicious, but they are also easy to make and will add a touch of romance to your special day. In this blog post, we will share a step-by-step recipe for these yummy iced heart biscuits, so you can make them at home and impress your loved one.
So, grab your apron and let’s get baking!
100g softened butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
50g caster sugar
170g plain flour
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon salt
Colored icing tubes and edible decorations are available (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line two baking trays with nonstick baking paper.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and egg yolk in a large mixing bowl until pale and creamy.
- Combine the flour and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture gradually, stirring constantly, until a dough forms.
- Gently knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
- Roll out the dough to the thickness of a pound coin and cut out a dozen hearts with well-floured heart-shaped cutters.
- Place the cut-out dough on a baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Allow the biscuits to firm up on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- Once completely cool, decorate with pre-made icing or your own design. Sprinkle them with edible decorations for a special touch.
TOP TIP: Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before rolling it out and cutting the shapes if it becomes too soft or difficult to work with.