11th Dec 2019
Blended fruit and vegetable juices are a great alternative to fizzy drinks, concentrates and high fructose pure fruit juices for kids. So, fire up your juicer or blender and get ready to pour out some great tasting goodness for your family.
- Get them involved in the process. Take your little ones to the supermarket or the fruit and veg shop and get them excited about choosing your produce together.
- Start with more fruit than veg juice. It will take their taste buds a little while to adjust to vegetable juice so introduce that slowly.
- Add water to the juices if necessary.
- Strain the juice to remove any little bits that fussy little kids may not like
- Fresh juice tastes best cold so be sure to chill it before you offer it to them.
- Use pretty glasses and colourful straws to make the juice appear more enticing to little eyes.
Four kid-friendly fruit & veg juices to try (Each makes 250ml of juice)
- Apple Lemonade – 2 apples, 1/2 small lemon
- ABC Juice – 1 apple, 2 carrots, 50g beetroot
- Kale & Pineapple – 200g kale, 1 large slice pineapple
- Carrot & Orange – 2 carrots, 1 orange