04th Oct 2019
Apples are old hat! Why not spoil your kid’s teacher with a plate of delicious traditional crunchies to celebrate everything they do for your children. They’re quick and easy to make and perfect for sharing with the class, or in the staff room.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 35 minutes
- 230g butter
- 1Tbs golden syrup
- 2 cups of oats
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Mix the flour, oats and coconut in a bowl
- Melt the butter in a small pot and then add the syrup and sugar and heat
- When the butter is bubbling add the bicarb and stir through and remove from the heat
- Pour the butter mixture into the dry ingredients and stir together by hand
- Using the back of a metal spoon, gently press the crunchie mixture into a greased or lined baking tray (approx 30cm x 20cm or similar depending on how thick you like the crunchies)
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180°C, then turn the oven down to 160°C and bake for a further 10 minutes until golden brown
- Allow to cool in the pan before slicing.
- Optional: drizzle melted chocolate on top for decoration.